First Steps-Our Mission
First Steps is Committed to:
- Helping preschoolers grow and develop just as Jesus did in “wisdom and stature” and in “favor with God and man” (Luke 2:52).
- Helping each unique child reach his or her maximum potential at his/her own pace.
- Teaching preschoolers in a setting designed for multiple learning styles, personality types, and individual differences.
- Providing opportunities to develop thinking and reasoning skills, use creativity, and learn to get along with others.
- Resources that are child centered and age appropriate
- Hands-on learning activities in a learning center environment: books, art, music, blocks, home living, nature, puzzles, and manipulatives.
- Activities which develop those readiness skills necessary for success in kindergarten.
- Appropriate Bible thoughts and stories, used throughout the day, to support each teaching unit.
Frog Street Press
- ignites the minds of young children by fostering their academic, social and emotional growth through purposeful lessons and materials that intentionally produce a positive outcome
- integrate instruction across developmental domains and early learning disciplines
- is designed to tap into a child’s nature and create a joyful experience from the first moments of the day until it is time to say goodbyes
- filled with songs, music, hands-on materials and activities, chants, games, make-believe, designed to stimulate a child’s imagination, helping make each day a wonderful one!
Handwriting Without Tears
- easy-to-teach, easy-to-learn curriculum makes handwriting mastery joyful for students and their teachers
- follows research that demonstrates children learn more effectively by actively doing, with materials that address all styles of learning.
- provide developmentally appropriate, multi-sensory tools and strategies for your classroom
First Steps Also Provides:
- Music, Motor Skills and Spanish Classes
- Trained Christian Teachers
- Great Facilities and Playgrounds
- A Variety of Days and Times