First Steps is committed to:
Helping preschoolers grow and develop just as Jesus did in “wisdom and stature” and in “favor with God and man” (Luke 2:52).
Helping each child reach their maximum potential at his/her own pace.
Teaching preschoolers in a setting designed for multiple learning styles, personality types, and individual differences.
Providing opportunities to develop thinking and reasoning skills, use creativity, and learn to get along with others.
ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International)
- Resources that are child centered and age appropriate
- Hands-on learning activities in a learning center environment: books, art, music, blocks, home living, nature, puzzles, and manipulatives.
- Activities which develop those readiness skills necessary for success in kindergarten.
- Appropriate Bible thoughts and stories, used throughout the day, to support each teaching unit.
Frog Street Press
- Ignites the minds of young children by fostering their academic, social and emotional growth through purposeful lessons and materials that intentionally produce a positive outcome
- Integrate instruction across developmental domains and early learning disciplines
- Is designed to tap into a child’s nature and create a joyful experience from the first moments of the day until it is time to say goodbyes
- Filled with songs, music, hands-on materials and activities, chants, games, make-believe, designed to stimulate a child’s imagination, helping make each day a wonderful one!
Handwriting Without Tears
- Easy-to-teach, easy-to-learn curriculum makes handwriting mastery joyful for students and their teachers
- Follows research that demonstrates children learn more effectively by actively doing, with materials that address all styles of learning.
- Provide developmentally appropriate, multi-sensory tools and strategies for your classroom
First Steps Also Provides:
- Chapel, Music, Motor Skills and Spanish Classes
- Trained Christian Teachers
- Great Facilities and Playgrounds
- A Variety of Days and Times
Check here to stay up to date on all things First Steps. We post updates and other information throughout the year.
Regular School Hours
Regular school hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-2:30pm