Children’s Ministry Director Search
Job Title: Children’s Ministry Director FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Church Ministry Reports to: Senior Pastor
About the Role
The Children’s Ministry Director (CMD) at Katy’s First (K1) leads the ministry of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and provides Biblical and administrative leadership to children up to 5th grade within the church, as well as supports parents in the Biblical training of their children. Under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, the CMD is responsible for general oversight, coordination, administration, and operation of all children’s ministry programs, as well as any personnel involved in children’s ministry. The CMD ensures all activities within the children’s ministry are Biblically accurate, safe, and operationally effective.
While the majority of instruction in scripture regarding raising, training, and disciplining children is written to parents, the CMD is expected to perform their job in light of God’s Word. The following are some verses to consider:
- Deuteronomy 6:6-7 “And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.”
- Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
- Matthew 18:5-6 “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.”
- 2 Timothy 3:15 “and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.”
Including but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Lead in developing a vision for an authentic community of discipleship among children and their families.
- Lead K1 Kids Children’s Ministry, including Preschool Ministry, which includes working with and fostering cooperation with the Directors of Katy’s FBC Preschool Ministry and First Steps Preschool Ministry (Monday-Thursday, 200 Kids).
- Cultivate and maintain an impactful children’s ministry, including leading and teaching Sunday Morning Bible Studies and Wednesday MIDWEEK, and coordinating summer activities and annual events (e.g., Easter mEGGa Hunt, Camp, Missions) for K to 5th Grade
- Foster and maintain a presence among local schools, including Katy ISD, Berean Christian Academy, and other private and home schools.
- Organize the annual Summer VBS program (400+ children, 100+ volunteers).
- Manage and delegate to staff and volunteers, including summer interns, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in children’s ministry/child-related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Must agree with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000, which is the official doctrinal statement of K1. Must agree to K1’s policies and by-laws, which will be made available at a later date or upon request.
- Self-starter & team player, able to incorporate the overall vision of the Senior Pastor while also creatively initiating and accomplishing personal vision specific for children’s ministry.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to organize and implement comprehensive children’s ministry.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to recruit and mobilize lay leaders.
- Personal passion for evangelism & discipleship for children, their parents, and community.